My areas of experience and specialty include the following:
- Marital/couples and family dynamics/relationships
- Divorce and custody issues
- Co-Parenting/Collaborative Parenting
- Collaborative Practice
- Parenting Coordination
- Family Court
- Autism and Aspergers
- Anxiety (trauma, PTSD, domestic violence, sexual abuse)
- Behavioral issues
- Faith-based counseling
- Grief and Loss
- Mutli-cultural issues, including the local and Native Hawaiian cultures in Hawai’i
- Supervision for aspiring Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT Approved Supervisor)
I have been trained in the following modalities: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Solution-Focused Therapy, Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), Experiential Therapy, Multi-systemic Therapy (MST), and Family Systems Therapy including Couples and Marital Therapy.
I was a participant in the Field Trial Studies for the Diagnostic and Statistic Manual 5 (DSM-5) and have been featured in the National Child Traumatic Stress Network IMPACT publication, which focuses on historical trauma and multicultural issues in the islands.
Most recently, I have been trained in Collaborative Practice with the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals.